Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in personal injury law.

My daughter, as before mentioned , was diagnosed with ITP.

My daughter, as before mentioned , was diagnosed with ITP. While in the hospital with no red platelets, the nurse accidentally gave her intravenous drip too quickly.This caused her to have swelling of the brain and she was transported to an ICU unit by ambulance. She almost lost her life in ICU. Now I am billed $12,000 for ICu and$ 2000 for ambulance. Can I pursue a malpractice suit?
Thank you for requesting me.

Yes, you can sue the hospital because its employee failed to administer the drip properly and that was the proximate cause of your daughter's damages. It seems, on its face, to be clearly a breach of the professional duty owed to your daughter and therefore, negligent.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not at all experienced with this sort of thing. Can you recommend some one that will take this on to be paid if they can win? It is the only way I can afford it. And the hospitals , John C. Lincoln, and my daughter are in Phoenix, and I am in North Carolina, if that matters at all. Also , my Blue Cross and Blue Shield did give me 11,000 to pay those particular bills, but I have not paid them yet. This happened in April of this year. If I win the suit, do i pay back the insurance money which was paid directly to me?Hope that I am not asking too much of you....Thank you

Yes, insurance payments will be entitled to reimbursement from your award or settlement. But it is negotiable and can be handled by your attorney.

Yes, any attorney you retain should do this on contingency.

If you need help finding local counsel, try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are a wonderful person. Thank you. I will let my daughter know we can try .for all the pain that she suffered..thank you.

Thank you for your kind words.

I hope things work out ok for you and your daughter.

If you have not already do so, please remember to leave a favorable rating so that I am paid for assisting you.