Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience

If I win a small claim lawsuit against an 18-yr-old driver

If I win a small claim lawsuit against an 18-yr-old driver for damaging my car in an accident, can I ask the judge to enforce the judgment by suspending his license if he doesn't pay? Or any other enforcement method?

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you, I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Yes, you can have the defendant's license suspended if you win and they don't pay your judgment. All you would need to do is fill out this form and submit it to the DMV:

There are a variety of other collection tools at your disposal as a judement debtor, including wage garnishment and levying assets (though no 18 year old is going to have much in the way of assets).

See here for a very useful summary of the collection tools that would be at your disposal:

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes to you and thank you so much for coming to Just Answer.