richanne96
richanne96, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ
69015496

I have someone who wants the roof tile on a house we will be

I have someone who wants the roof tile on a house we will be remodeling and am willing to give it to them for free if they will remove it and haul it away. I do however, need a release and waiver of liability for them to sign before I allow them to do this. Is this sufficient and where can I find a release to use?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

richanne96 :

Welcome. You want to be safe in case they are injured while working on your roof? If so, something along the lines of this should work out fine for you: www.ameritexroofing.net/uploads/resources/LiabilityWaiver.pdf‎. Yes, this is sufficient, but of course, one can not waiver away negligence. If you know of a particularly dangerous condition on your roof and fail to warn the person going up on your roof of this known danger, you may still be liable for negligence. There simply is no form to erase liability in that siuation.

Customer:

the link doesn't work. do you have an updated one?

richanne96 :

Give me a moment.

richanne96 :

I will type it in here for you if that works.

Customer:

That's fine

richanne96 :

Property Owner: ________________

richanne96 :

Address:

richanne96 :

City:

richanne96 :

State:

richanne96 :

Liability Waiver

richanne96 :

__________ hereby releases the homeowner at the above state property from any liability due to personal injury or damaged personal property incurred during the removal of roof tile at said property.

richanne96 :

____________ takes full responsibility and liability for any personal injury or personal property damage ocurring during the removal of the roof tiles at said property.

richanne96 :

____________________________ __________________

richanne96 :

signature date

richanne96 :

State of Arizona, County of _____________

richanne96 :

Subscribed and sworn to before me this ____ day of _______, 2013,

richanne96 :

Notary Public:

richanne96 :

My commission expires:_____________________ Date: ________________________

richanne96 :

That's about it. I see you are in Arizona. So am I. Are you in the Phoenix area as well?

Customer:

Yes - In phoenix

Customer:

thank you

richanne96 :

Oh, you also need to leave a space for the notary seal at the bottom.

Customer:

right - thanks

richanne96, Attorney
Experience: Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ