TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead Personal Injury Trial Lawyer

My husband had gastric by pass surgery in 1998, a hiatel hernia

My husband had gastric by pass surgery in 1998, a hiatel hernia surgery in 2010, recently he had to undergo emergency gall bladder surgery to remove it, the surgeon said the mesh used in the previous two surgeries had adhered to his liver, stomach, intestines and other organs making it almost impossible to reach the gall bladder his statement after surgery that it was only by the grace of God that he survived, he will continue to face complications from the mesh and make any future procedures life threatening. The doctor said that if he had attempted micrro surgery it would have killed him, do we have any recourse against the mesh company??

Thank you for your question and I'm very sorry to hear about this.

You do indeed have recourse. Although the operation took place well over 15 years ago, the statute of limitations does not begin to run until you "discover" the damage caused by the bad product.

There are many law firms which handle surgical mesh litigation. Here are several that you should contact to further discuss your case:

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,