Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My dentist gave me overdentures over my 8 new dental implants.

My dentist gave me overdentures over my 8 new dental implants. I was not to get a removable denture as I have a serious history of a mouth sore disease called Becets disease. It manifests with mouth ulcers and severe pain from any rubbing or irritation. Since I was given these overdentures inNovember of 2012 I have been in terrible pain requiring steroid therapy. The dentist was very aware of my history and failed to consult with my Gastroenterologist to find out what would be best for me. I have malnutrition as I have such difficulty eating. The reason I got the implants was to put a stop to this.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. I have carefully reviewed your question. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did you get my answer

No, I did not. The site is a bit buggy.

Kindly resend

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem.My question is that I want to sue for negligence, malpractice, failure to review my medical issues which are severe, and especially for the gross substandard care. I am in constant pain, I mumble to protect my mouth. My husband can't understand me sometimes. The overdentures had to be redone 4 times at my insistance as they looked horrible. She misled me terribly saying she had great experience in what my case was. She was dismissive about my concerns and I was scared to death as I'd given her all my money upfront. The cosmetics she did were no good at all. The first set of teeth looked like horse teeth. I started to cry and she asked me to wear them for a day or so to get used to them. I was horrified. worst though is the sores, pain, and no end in site.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did you get my answer this time

Thank you for the information and for your patience:

Response: The short and simple answer is yes. The dentist can be sued for negligence— for medical malpractice for failing to exercise due care in handling your procedure. Suing for negligence/medical malpractice is a very complex litigation that requires that you retain an Attorney that handles medical malpractices cases to assist you. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

http://www.lawyers.com

http://www.justia.com

You may also want to review Code of Virginia Title 8.01 Chapter 21.1, which deals with procedures regarding medical malpractice cases. Unfortunately, I cannot post the link to the web site as this site always removes it as “dangerous URL” because it has “exe” on it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I continue to communicate with you if I want to. I have called atty's that do malpractice and they don't seem all that interested, They want me to go to another dentist that will reinforce the issue. It requires an expert witness for testimony. Some offices make me pay for that service but I haven't got much money now and they would have to wait till I recieve an award. I was a n RN for 25 years at Montefiore hosp in NY before getting sick and I'm very familiar with standards of care. Do you know someone I could call

Can I continue to communicate with you if I want to.

Response 1: Yes, you can.

I have called atty's that do malpractice and they don't seem all that interested, They want me to go to another dentist that will reinforce the issue. It requires an expert witness for testimony. Some offices make me pay for that service but I haven't got much money now and they would have to wait till I recieve an award. I was a n RN for 25 years at Montefiore hosp in NY before getting sick and I'm very familiar with standards of care. Do you know someone I could call

Response 2:
Unfortunately, I am not allowed to make personal referrals by terms of service. If the Attorneys were really interested, they could have paid the bill for your second opinion. They would recover the fees when you settle the case. Do not get discouraged. Keep looking. You would eventually find an Attorney willing to take the case. You may also look at the following sites for Attorneys:

http://www.rocketlawyer.com

http://www.attorneypages.com

While you are searching for Attorneys, you should bear in mind that the Statute of Limitations to bring your lawsuit is two years from the date of the occurrence. See Code of Virginia Title 8.01 Chapter 4 Section 8.01-243.

Thank you very much for the positive rating.