socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I would like video recording my Independent Medical Exam

I would like video recording my Independent Medical Exam, can I? and what my attorney should do for permit for video recording? (civilian case)

The IME physician may refuse to conduct the exam if he/she is subject to a video recording. I would contact the physician in advance and try to obtain consent. If he/she objects, then your attorney would have to have the court order a video examination. You would still have to find a physician who will consent, but the court order could be used to give the physician some security that he/she would not be personally liable for any lack of due care observed on the recording.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think my attorney play against me because he press me to do not recording this exam also the office of med exam it is this same like I visiting by my Workers Comp case and from where I have opinion mild disability (2011) - at 2012 I have to do fusion surgery after that they give me 50% disability - now on the big NY - my civilian case attorney press me to visit this same "independent" office without recording - what I can do? How stop this fraud procedure?

Tell your attorney you want to use a different IME physician. If the attorney refuses, tell the attorney that unless he gets you a different physician, you will complain to the NY State Attorney Disciplinary Agency.

The grievance committees which are appointed by the Appellate Division of State Supreme Court operate on a regional basis. On the reverse side of this brochure is a list of the grievance committees and the counties over which they have jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of the committees is based upon the location of the office of the attorney against whom a complaint is being made. Therefore, you should make your complaint or inquiry known to the grievance committee which covers the county in which the attorney's office is located.

New York and Bronx Counties:
Departmental Disciplinary Committee for the First Department
61 Broadway, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10006

Kings, Queens and Richmond Counties:
Grievance Committee for the Second and Eleventh Judicial Districts
Renaissance Plaza
XXXXX Suite 2400
Brooklyn, NYNNN-NN-NNNNbr/>(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland and Westchester Counties:
Grievance Committee for the Ninth Judicial District
XXXXX Suite 200
White Plains, NY 10603

Nassau and Suffolk Counties
Grievance Committee for the Tenth Judicial District
150 Motor Parkway, Suite 102
Hauppauge, NY 11788

Albany, Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Cortland, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Madison, Montgomery, Otsego, Rensselaer, St. Lawrence, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Schuyler, Sullivan, Tioga, Tompkins, Ulster, Warren and Washington Counties:
Committee on Professional Standards
XXXXXbr/> Albany, NY 12207

Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Oneida, Onondaga and Oswego Counties:
Grievance Committee for the Fifth Judicial District
XXXXXbr/> Suite 408
Syracuse, NY 13202

Cayuga, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne and Yates Counties:
Grievance Committee for the Seventh Judicial District
Atttorney Grievance Committee
XXXXX Suite 404
Rochester, NYNNN-NN-NNNNbr/>(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/> Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genessee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming Counties:
Grievance Committee for the Eighth Judicial District
XXXXXbr/> Suite 800
Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THX so much.