How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 37692
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like video recording my Independent Medical Exam

This answer was rated:

I would like video recording my Independent Medical Exam, can I? and what my attorney should do for permit for video recording? (civilian case)


The IME physician may refuse to conduct the exam if he/she is subject to a video recording. I would contact the physician in advance and try to obtain consent. If he/she objects, then your attorney would have to have the court order a video examination. You would still have to find a physician who will consent, but the court order could be used to give the physician some security that he/she would not be personally liable for any lack of due care observed on the recording.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think my attorney play against me because he press me to do not recording this exam also the office of med exam it is this same like I visiting by my Workers Comp case and from where I have opinion mild disability (2011) - at 2012 I have to do fusion surgery after that they give me 50% disability - now on the big NY - my civilian case attorney press me to visit this same "independent" office without recording - what I can do? How stop this fraud procedure?

Tell your attorney you want to use a different IME physician. If the attorney refuses, tell the attorney that unless he gets you a different physician, you will complain to the NY State Attorney Disciplinary Agency.

The grievance committees which are appointed by the Appellate Division of State Supreme Court operate on a regional basis. On the reverse side of this brochure is a list of the grievance committees and the counties over which they have jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of the committees is based upon the location of the office of the attorney against whom a complaint is being made. Therefore, you should make your complaint or inquiry known to the grievance committee which covers the county in which the attorney's office is located.


New York and Bronx Counties:
Departmental Disciplinary Committee for the First Department
61 Broadway, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10006

Kings, Queens and Richmond Counties:
Grievance Committee for the Second and Eleventh Judicial Districts
Renaissance Plaza
XXXXX Suite 2400
Brooklyn, NYNNN-NN-NNNNbr/>(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland and Westchester Counties:
Grievance Committee for the Ninth Judicial District
XXXXX Suite 200
White Plains, NY 10603

Nassau and Suffolk Counties
Grievance Committee for the Tenth Judicial District
150 Motor Parkway, Suite 102
Hauppauge, NY 11788

Albany, Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Cortland, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Madison, Montgomery, Otsego, Rensselaer, St. Lawrence, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Schuyler, Sullivan, Tioga, Tompkins, Ulster, Warren and Washington Counties:
Committee on Professional Standards
XXXXXbr/> Albany, NY 12207

Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Oneida, Onondaga and Oswego Counties:
Grievance Committee for the Fifth Judicial District
XXXXXbr/> Suite 408
Syracuse, NY 13202

Cayuga, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne and Yates Counties:
Grievance Committee for the Seventh Judicial District
Atttorney Grievance Committee
XXXXX Suite 404
Rochester, NYNNN-NN-NNNNbr/>(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/> Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genessee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming Counties:
Grievance Committee for the Eighth Judicial District
XXXXXbr/> Suite 800
Hope this helps.

socrateaser, Attorney
Satisfied Customers: 37692
Experience: Retired (mostly)
socrateaser and 2 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THX so much.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK

Meet The Experts:

  • Infolawyer



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
< Last | Next >
  • Infolawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • LawTalk's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    I provide basic personal injury advice to my clients in my own practice.
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Personal Injury & Wrongful Death experience includes judgment for $10M & $3M settlement
  • Brandon, Esq.'s Avatar

    Brandon, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
  • P. Simmons's Avatar

    P. Simmons


    Satisfied Customers:

    16 yrs. of legal experience.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions