Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead Personal Injury Trial Lawyer
17219180

I was hit in florida by a car and the insurance told me they

I was hit in florida by a car and the insurance told me they would be covering the damage but now they are just running me around killing time hoping i will give up ,since I am from canada and the girl that hit me was from Orlando can I have a florida lawyer helping me getting something back ?
I provided estimate of damage
got a agent to come as per request to go over the estimate
all is legit ,i have over 10,000,00$ in damage while not being at fault what so ever
I have police report proving we done nothing wrong
Is this a lost cause ?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Are you saying that the accident happened in March of 2013?

What kind of damage do you have that has amounted to $10K?

Were you physically injured?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No my appology

the damage is 6000$ on the front of my ford pick up and 5000$ on a show bike we where on our way to show in Daytona bike week

a car lost control on the I 4 and smashed us

the police report show we had zero fault in this and the driver admitted all his fault ,even the insurance told me they would settle but they are doing nothing

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response.

What kind of proof do you have of the damage? Are they repair estimates?

Also again, can you state the exact date of the wreck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a police report from Orlando patrol ,there is police report numbers that describe all that happened .

the exact date would be on the report but it was in march for the daytona bike week

what the insurance told me

the girl meredith had 10,000,00 liability only and my damage alone where 6000 on the truck and 5000 on the bike on its way to be shown

they had told me they would only spend 10,000 on this accident and there was a 3 rd partie involved that got hit just before us

so between the 3 of us we would split 10k

but they never offered me anything

I think they just hope i will give up

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
Ok.

First of all, to recover for property damage, you are going to need proof of the damage. I'm not talking about proof of the liability, but proof about what it is going to cost to repair your vehicle.

The problem you are going to have is that the insurance company will want to inspect the vehicle for the damage you are asserting, which will make them hesitate to simply pay out.

You do not have to be in Florida personally to start a suit. However, without a personal injury, no attorney will take your case for free. So you would need to actually pay an attorney to file the claim for you.

Before you do that though, I need to know more about what you have given the insurance company to prove the value of your damages. Have you given them written repair estimates? Have they asked to inspect the vehicles?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have given them estimate from Gananoque chevrolet dealership and a estimate from harley davidson in kingston

the insurance told me usually they want the estimate done where they prefer but in my case being driving by ,it was easier to get it done back home .

they sent a appraiser for the bike from state farm and he when over the estimate from harley davidson in kingston and approved it all .

they never sent anyone to look at the truck wich had the most damage .

would it help to send you all the estimate and email exchange with them ?

first question ,am I wasting my time or do I have a legit shot at something back ?

I would have taken any offer over nothing

my truck has a smashed front end now

I don't mind paying or even splitting with a lawyer ,i just hate that they flush me off with out any explanation

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
You definitely have a chance of recovering something.

The issue you will run into is how much the insurance company is going to be willing to pay out where the policy limits are only $10K and there were other vehicles involved.

The fact that they have not paid out on the damage from a claim in
March is not surprising. These claims are not settled quickly.

In regard to the documentation, I don't need to see it. I just wanted to make sure you had something to back up your numbers.

Here is what I suggest, you need to send a certified (delivery confirmed) letter to the insurance adjuster that states that you demand settlement for the damage in the amount of $10,000.00 or policy limits, which ever is less. Attach the estimates and reference them in the letter as evidence of the proof of damages. Tell them there is no contest on liability, as it is accepted that their insured is at fault. Accordingly, you demand settlement to be approved within the next 30 days or you will be forced to file suit.

Essentially, you need to make sure that the insurance adjuster has all the information needed and has a document on his desk that demands action.

If they do not meet your deadline, that is when you need to start calling around to local attorneys in Florida about filing a suit.

The other thing you need to do, unfortunately, is harass the adjuster by calling them everyday until someone calls you back and gives you a firm commitment on settlement.
Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead Personal Injury Trial Lawyer