Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

Good evening, I was in an auto accident while traveling for

Good evening, I was in an auto accident while traveling for work. In my personal injury claim do I claim lost wages if I am a salaried employee and my employer left me on the payroll for the 7 days I was off. As far as lost commissions/ or loss of potential income is concerned; Am I able to claim the mileage and per diems I could have made in those 7 days?
You may claim all lost wages and commissions resulting from the injury. If the employer has covered some of it, you should be forthcoming and not claim a double recovery. All foreseeable and reasonable monies you lost as a result including mileage, wages, commissions may be included and should be itemized as best as possible. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer positively, which I tried to expedite for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response. I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. I can claim lost wages even if I was not put on workers comp, but left on the payroll. workers comp only picked up the medical bills.

You can include those wages/income/lost profits that were not otherwise paid to you. If left on payroll, then the amount paid may not be claimed. Anything else not paid which normally would have been earned, may be included on the application. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer as excellent.