ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney

What is the statute of limitations for filing a civil suit

What is the statute of limitations for filing a civil suit against an employee who damaged a company vehicle?

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

That would be three years. § 13-80-101 (1)The following civil actions, regardless of the theory upon which suit is brought, or against whom suit is brought, shall be commenced within three years after the cause of action accrues, and not thereafter: (n)(I) All tort actions for bodily injury or property damage arising out of the use or operation of a motor vehicle including all actions pursuant to paragraph (j) of this subsection (1).

ScottyMacEsq :

In short, you would need to sue within 3 years of the accident.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!

Thank you.