Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in personal injury law.

Was in a rear end collision on Friday. I feel that my van

Was in a rear end collision on Friday. I feel that my van is totaled (it's a 2003 but excellent condition). I went to the hospital later in the evening, nothing broken, just sore and muscle problems. Would I probably get just a good as settlement by myself or should I consult with an attorney?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

You can probably start out without an attorney. If they will not make a fair offer or keep putting you off ans force you to file suit, then it is time to retain counsel because you are probably dealing with a substandard insurance company and they will do everything they can to frustrate you so that you just go away.

As a rule of thumb, minor car accidents settle for 2 to 4 times your total medical expenses, plus your lost wages.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Stephanie, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.