Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in personal injury law - both plaintiff and defense

Is there any rule in the missouri professional code for Attorneys

Is there any rule in the missouri professional code for Attorneys if someone files a false complaint against a attorney

Law Pro :

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Law Pro :

Who is the someone? Another attorney or old client or what?

the sister of an Attorney filed a fake complaint against the Attorney her sister. Trying to mess up her sisters professional reputation

OK, then the attorney would have her cause of action against the sister.

The professional rules of conduct only apply to attorneys - not to others.

The attorney would have a civil action for defamation, false swearing, and fraud against the sister.

The attorney would have to file a civil suit.

But the sister who is NOT an attorney wouldn't have any liability from the Disciplinary Board - they only control attorneys and can revoke their law license. There is no law license to revoke from the sister who isn't an attorney.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!