Tina, Attorney
Experience:  Personal Injury & Wrongful Death experience includes judgment for $10M & $3M settlement

Should I hire a lawyer to help me give a accident statement

Should I hire a lawyer to help me give a accident statement to the auto insurance companies involved? The accident was in GA and I was in a parking lot pulling out of a spot almost out, and a car hit me, I have $2000 worth and he has $3000, my deductible is $500

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Is it clear who was at fault in the incident or is that in dispute?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, I was pulling out and most of the way out, I have no tickets he has past speeding tickets the MP on base wanted to give me a ticket, but did not.

I see. Thank you for clarifying the situation, Deborah.

It does sound as though the other driver was at fault, but they may attempt to apportion some fault to you as well. If you have reason to believe that may occur, then it would typically be best to retain an attorney before communicating with the insurer to best protect your legal rights.

Since the accident occurred in a parking lot, it will normally come down to whether either driver was negligent in some manner, so you want to avoid admitting to anything that would indicate that you were negligent.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.