richanne96
richanne96, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ

I was involved in a motorcycle accident about 8 months ago.

Customer Question

I was involved in a motorcycle accident about 8 months ago. I was on my way home late one night following a friend on his motorcycle and we turned onto a road that appeared to be an interstate. Turns out it wasn't. The road (that appeared to be an on-ramp) was not marked in any way to define a speed limit or caution of a dangerous situation ahead. I hit a median and flew a few hundred feet, trashed my motorcycle, and broke my arm in 3 places. I have lost some range of motion in my wrist and of course ongoing pain. My question being is there any case in the lack of signage?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

richanne96 :

You may have a claim against the state or other government entity responsible for the road. The problem you may run into is if your jurisdiction (you did not say what state you are in) has a Notice of Claim statute. In many states, in order to bring a claim against a government entity you need to first file a Notice of Claim with that government entity, in some cases within six months of the accident. You may have missed that window. You should make an appointment as soon as possible with a personal injury attorney in your area. Most will not charge for an initial consultation, and if they take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis, so there will be no cost to you until your claim settles. You should gather your medical records associated with the accident and get an appointment as soon as possible with a PI attorney to find out if your claim is still viable.

Customer:

Thank you. Would you know the window in Florida?

richanne96, Attorney
Experience: Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.
It appears that the window is three years in Florida on most such claims, although it may be as short as six months in certain situations. You should still see a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Thank you for the positive rating. Good luck.