A.J.
A.J., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed to practice law, I gained experience in personal injury law working for the CTA
14926557

I had a bad can accident and my airbag didnt inflate it hits

Customer Question

I had a bad can accident and my airbag didn't inflate it hits number or time
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Longhorn Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Is this an immigraiton question? I do not see an immigration question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
didn't get in answer
Minnie,

Nobody has given you an answer yet. I'm asking you for information. Again, do you have an immigration question? Please answer that question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i'm alright on disability and the accident cause more inability to my live and I thing the airbag manufacture shell hell reports or the bag not inflate.

Expert:  A.J. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for your question. This is a new professional here.

If an airbag failed to inflate at the time of impact, or there was something wrong with the manufacture of an airbag, then that may give rise to a personal injury claim or products liability lawsuit. In order to bring either claim you would have to show that

(1) The product in question (in this case either the vehicle or the airbag itself) was defective in some way
(2) You were injured
(3) The injury was the result of the product being defective
(4) The product in question was being used as it was intended to be used

So, in the situation that you describe, if you were operating the vehicle normally, and the vehicles maintanence was up to date and then during an accident airbags did not properly inflate, causing you injury, you may have a claim for product liability against either the auto manufacturer or the manufacturer of the air bag itself. For an in depth article on the elements of a products liability claim, go to:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/proving-defective-product-liability-claim-29531.html

A products liability claim can be very lucrative but also very difficult and time consuming to prosecute. Consequently, I would strongly urge you to consider sitting down with a personal injury attorney in person to review all of the elements of a product liability claim, and whether yoru facts fit in to a plausible claim. Based on the information provided, it certainly does sound as if you have the beginnings of a claim, but it is important to sit down with an attorney licensed in your state in person before taking any further action.

I appreciate the opportunity to answer your question, and let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Otherwise, please remember to RATE my answer so that I can receive credit for my work.