Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  I have successfully handled number of Personal Injury cases

I had a ct scan a couple weeks ago, to look for cause of

I had a ct scan a couple weeks ago, to look for cause of abdominal pain.I was visiting my son yesterday and my daughter in law who works in same town for orthopedic surgeon at a different dr. office tells me she saw my ct scan and already knew what they had found! I am confused as to how she was able to see my scan results. does hippa not protect my files from anyone but my dr and myself? help please I don't want her or anyone else who is not treating me to have this information.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

Did your question your daughter in law as to how she was able to view your ct scan results?

Do you know for a fact that she viewed your ct. scan or she might be possibly making it up or not telling you the truth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not ask her I was shocked she said she results of my scan

results.She new what they found and I had not told her or my son yet. My husband and I just moved here 7 months ago and this is first time ive had any tests done at this hospital. Daugher inlaw is a MA for a surgeon in town and assists him in surgeries at same hospital.

Dear XXXXXa,

Thank you for your follow up.

Even if your daughter in law has access to the hospital medical records data base, she is not permitted to access your personal medical records without your written permission and such unauthorized access to your medical records by your daughter would constitute a HIPAA violation.

You can file a HIPAA violation complaint at the link below and the hospital, as well as, your daughter in law will be investigated and possibly fined if it is determined that a violation has occurred:

I wish you the best of luck!