TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead Personal Injury Trial Lawyer

I was injury last on my job 2012 I had MRI in 2013 after months

I was injury last on my job 2012 I had MRI in 2013 after months of taking muscle relaxers and motrin. This is the results of MRI: Large left sided disc herniation with a large fragment extending posterior compression the left aspect of the cord • Left foraminal stenosis • Moderate central stenosis • Mild disc bulging with spurring c5 and c6 mostly anteriorly • Posterior bulge minimal protrusion c4 c5 with minimal impingement on the cal sac sac. Also my MRI on my shoulder is the following: Mild supraspinatus tendinopathy and minimal humeral head degenerative. I am schedule for surgery for September 2013 question i live in pa. what is my claim worth do i have case when or should I should ask about settlement? In alot of pain losing motor function.

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry to hear about your injury.

When you are injured at work and the injury was not caused by the negligence of a third-party, then you may only make a workers' compensation claim. You may not sue anyone else, as the Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Act states that this is your exclusive remedy. That is unless the injury was caused by a third party who was not an employee of your employer.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you I was making avg of 1700 weekly before my injury how many weeks can i have claim paid and what would settlement amount look like in $.

You should receive approximately $1133.00 per week in temporary disability benefits. As long as your doctor certifies that you are unable to work, you are eligible to receive these benefits for as long as you are totally disabled. If the doctor tells you that you are only partially disabled, then you are entitled to partial disability payments in the same amount, unless you are able to find work which is within your light duty status as allowed by your doctor.

In regard to what you should look for in a settlement, it is not possible for me to tell you this based on the MRI results alone. There needs to be a certification as to you percent whole body disability stated by your doctor in order to start looking at what you will want as a settlement.