Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.

What is a subpoena to produce, I receive this notice in my

What is a subpoena to produce, I receive this notice in my House by this attorney asking me to show up in court to describe an accident that occur more than two years ago, what happen back then I was driving my semi on highway there was ice and snow on the road and this car came to close to my fender and lost control and went into the media nobody got injure we waited for the cops for Almost half hour nobody show up so we just exchange info. Any way my insurance Pay for damages under my physical damage coverage for a total of 3,000 dlls. So now my insurance is sueing this individual for that amount and he Did file an answer to the court that's why this attorney wanted me to show to say my version so they can win this case he said if we win I will get a portion of my deductible which was 1.000 dlls. My question will be am I obligated to show up for this hearing? Thank you.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The subpoena you have received is a subpoena to appear and testify at the time and place specified. If you do not go to the appearance, you can be held in contempt of court and fined and even jailed for ignoring the court order. I am afraid that in answer to your question, you are obligated to appear as the subpoena is a court order.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.