Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  I have successfully handled number of Personal Injury cases

today while looking at a product at a big box store, an employee

today while looking at a product at a big box store, an employee pulled up a ladder next to me and climbed up to where other inventory items are stored. Without warning three boxes came down on my head from about 12 feet high. two of those boxes were metal cases weighing about 8 pounds each. I blackedout momentarily and then was very dizzy for about two minutes before regaining some clarity. The employee called someone over and he took my personal information. I was surprised that all I was asked was if I was ok even after explaining my dizziness. when I went outside I questioned whether I should drive and instead called a taxi to take me to an urgent care center to be checked.
Although ive had pain in my head, jaw, neck, and shoulder, the medical xrays show no fractures.
My biggest concern are long term effects from the trauma. How best should I proceed with a personal injury claim?
Thank you.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Was police or ambulance called to the scene of this accident inside the store?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No police or ambulance was called. An ambulance was not offered and I wasnt informed of those options. I was not functioning well immediately after the incident to make clear decisions until I sat in my vehicle and thought driving was not a good idea.

Dear Jaime,

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you sustain any bruising or soft tissue injury or any other injury that can be shown to be a result of this accident?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the doctor indicated bruising and contusion. There was a surveillance camera and other employees who witnessed.

Dear Jaime,

Thank you for your follow up.

Based on the limited facts you have describes, it would be a good idea for your to consult with a local personal injury attorney who can evaluate your entire case and make sure that any evidence related to this accident are preserved.

Also this local personal injury attorney can send a demand letter for compensation for your injury and medical bills to the store where you were injured and if the store denies your attorney's demand, then your local attorney can evaluate your claim for a potential lawsuit.

Most personal injury attorneys offer free initial consultation, so it would not cost you any money to consult with several local personal injury attorneys.

You can find an experienced local personal injury attorney in your area by using these well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

www.martindale.com
www.lexmundi.com
www.justia.com
www.lawyers.com

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: I have successfully handled number of Personal Injury cases
Dear Jaime,

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?