Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

i was driving and my daughter was the passenger. an suv hit

Customer Question

i was driving and my daughter was the passenger. an suv hit us on the front passenger side. daughter went to the doctor next day for stiff shoulder and neck. she is a 15 year old basketball player and this took her out of the game for the season. how much is pain and suffering worth in this case?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 years ago.
Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm a Personal Injury litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, there's no specific amount or a way to figure out exactly what the case for pain and suffering is worth. Generally, you have to look at the medical treatment she required, the damage suffered, the amount of permanent damage (long term injuries, future surgery/ies, etc.). That's where the damages can add up. It's bad to say, but the worse she was injured, the better her case would be.

That said, you can usually take your actual out of pocket expenses and multiply that by 2 or 3, and that's usually a good settlement range for pain and suffering.