richanne96
richanne96, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ
69015496

A lawyer I was transfered to, did not hire him, has been very

Customer Question

A lawyer I was transfered to, did not hire him, has been very rude to me. The first time I just thought he was seeing how I would do in court. The second time my son told him a good lawyer would not be so rude every time we ask a question. To make a long story short, he has been trying to get rid of me ever since. He was ready to punch my son. He keeps sending me emails and letters telling me to sign paper work sub myself as my atty or new council. I had a deposition scheduled for today and as advised by many, went to it. The place I was told to go acted like they never heard of my case. Called my attys office and the person who answered said she was asking an atty, but would not say who, and I did not have a deposition, it had been canceled. My witnesses depositions have not been canceled. When I got home I got another letter with paper work as described above. What kind of a nut case am I dealing with and what should I do? I think he would have to drop me before I go to the Ca state bar. The other thing is that the person mopping the floor who originally said he saw the whole thing then gave his deposition and said he was in a room and then came out to see what had happened when he heard the scream when I fell. And my case is going down the tubes because of him?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

richanne96 :

It sounds like for some reason, perhaps something said at one of the other depositions (perhaps even the floor mopping person), this attorney no longer thinks you have a strong case and wants to unload you as a client. Perhaps you would indeed be better off with a different attorney. You need to be with an attorney who believes in your case. There is no shortage of personal injury lawyers in California. My advice to you would be to make some appointments for free consulations. Explain to the lawyers that you meet with that you and your existing lawyer are both looking to part ways. Get the exiting lawyer to write something saying he will not put a lien on your settlement/judgment (except maybe for costs he has already advanced). This will help you find new representation.

Customer :

You know as well as I do that no attorney wants to get involved with a) a difficult case b) a difficult case someone else has all ready been involved with and this has gone on for 2 1/2 years. If he did not want the case then he had every chance not to take it. That is your answer to the fact that the housekeeper purjored himself under oath?

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,
Wendy