How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 12336
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To get the best results do I need a lawyer that is licensed

This answer was rated:

To get the best results do I need a lawyer that is licensed in California and Utah ...since the accident happened in Utah .
Thank you very much for requesting me to address your concern.

Since the accident happened in Utah, you will want an attorney who is licensed to practice law in the state of Utah, as that the state in which courts can exercise "personal jurisdiction" (the authority to enforce a judgement against someone) against the individual who hit you should the informal claims resolution process fail.

Only Utah-licensed attorneys can file a lawsuit in the state of Utah or submit your claim to arbitration.

As always, please let me know if I can provide any further clarification. If you have any further questions, you can always request me and I would be more than happy to assist you again.

Have a pleasant weekend.
Patrick, Esq. and other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Personal Injury Law Questions