Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience

To get the best results do I need a lawyer that is licensed

To get the best results do I need a lawyer that is licensed in California and Utah ...since the accident happened in Utah .
Thank you very much for requesting me to address your concern.

Since the accident happened in Utah, you will want an attorney who is licensed to practice law in the state of Utah, as that the state in which courts can exercise "personal jurisdiction" (the authority to enforce a judgement against someone) against the individual who hit you should the informal claims resolution process fail.

Only Utah-licensed attorneys can file a lawsuit in the state of Utah or submit your claim to arbitration.

As always, please let me know if I can provide any further clarification. If you have any further questions, you can always request me and I would be more than happy to assist you again.

Have a pleasant weekend.