Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
60109343

usaa insurance has just offer me 2100.00 for a soft tissue

Customer Question

usaa insurance has just offer me 2100.00 for a soft tissue injury, I had only 3 doctor visit and i'm on depression meds and need to be seen for driving anxiety. should i except this offer?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you, I will do everything I can to answer your question.

What is the amount of your medical expenses? Is this settlement offer intended to compensate you for bodily injury only, for also for property damage?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

medical was a total of 500.00 and that is the bodliy injury 2100.00 yhey paid for propety damage already which had a lean on the car. that was settle.

Joyce,

Thank you very much for your reply and clarification.

As a very general rule of thumb, if a plaintiff in a personal injury case can recover 2-3 times their total medical expenses, they are in the range of fair settlement values. Given limited medical expenses of $500, a claimant in your circumstance is doing fairly well with a settlement of $2,100--in fact, better than many other claimants might fair under similar facts.

My guess is that the fact you have been seen for driving anxiety and can document the emotional distress your accident has caused you is the reason for the insurance company's elevated settlement offer.

Here on Just Answer we can provide legal information but not actual "legal advice," so I can't tell you what to do. That limitation noted, I think that an offer in the amount of $2,100 is very fair under the circumstances and it would not be unwise to accept it.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes to you and thank you so much for coming to Just Answer.