Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

III part series of questions: 1.If the Defendant filed the

Customer Question

III part series of questions:
1.If the Defendant filed the permission to amend the complaint and the document reads MTD in the docket at the top then...A plaintiff may amend the complaint “as a matter of course” within 21 days after the defendant serves its answer or motion to dismiss- instead of Rule 15?

2. How do you mend a complaint and not affect the jurisdiction?
Amendment to the complaint affecting the court's jurisdiction triggered the court's heightened scrutiny of the amendment, a result plaintiffs ordinarily hoped to avoid. See Hensgens v. Deere & Co., 833 F.2d 1179 (5th Cir. 1987)

Do you have any suggestion of a good example of an amended complaint that you'd consider what the court maybe typically looking for with the document I already entered- claim as Breach of Contract, Title VII, and Harassment.
As I understand an amended complaint replaces the original and Jurisdiction can be lost-so dismissed!
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Fran and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
bad quality taking up soace when sum1 canresonmde