How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  Personal Injury & Wrongful Death experience includes judgment for $10M & $3M settlement
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a tooth extracted a few years ago for braces. After

This answer was rated:

I had a tooth extracted a few years ago for braces. After started to adjust my braces, my Orthodontist told me something wrong my gum and he has never seen the situation. I thought it will go back to normal. However, it didn’t get look normal again. My gum has a dent and it sometime hurts. Last year, I started to go different oral surgeon, the oral surgeon told me I had a extracted tooth and bone with it, so I don’t have bone the place. And the surgeon also said nobody can fix it. I will have a big dent on my gum forever, and the place get an oral ulcer easily . I also think that why I always have a feeling of pressure on left gum. What can I do this situation? Can I sue the oral surgeon who extracted my bone?

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

The second surgeon indicated that part of your bone had been extracted and should not have been?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tina,


Thank you for answering my question.


The second surgeon indicated that part of my bone had been extracted, but he didn't say it shouldn't have been.

However, the first surgeon didn't say he extracted my bone either. The last time, I saw the first surgeon, he told me that it looks good.


And my general dentist indicated that the extract place have thiner bone, that makes to get oral ulcer easily.


What do you think?

I see. Thank you for clarifying that for me, Leilani.

All medical professionals must obtain informed consent from patients before performing medical procedures on them. If the first surgeon did not obtain your consent and removed part of your bone, that would typically constitute a battery as well as malpractice for which the surgeon could be sued for damages.

It would be best for you to retain a local medical malpractice attorney to obtain your medical records and have them reviewed by an expert medical professional to determine with certainty that malpractice has occurred. Once that has been done, then you would normally have grounds to pursue legal action against the surgeon and ascertain the amount of damages you have incurred as a result of their wrongdoing.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!


Tina and 2 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.


Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again.