Tina, Attorney
Experience:  Personal Injury & Wrongful Death experience includes judgment for $10M & $3M settlement

Could you tell me the response time on a motion to dismiss? Does

Could you tell me the response time on a motion to dismiss?

Does the timing start when the defendant's answer is entered in the docket or when the Judge enters the agreement with the defendant's position?
Hello again and thank you for requesting me.

The timing to respond to a motion to dismiss typically begins when the responding party is served with the motion. The day they are served does not normally count in calculating their response time though.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks I also read that a amended complaint could have only 1 item changed in the amendment.

Given that the amended complaint was granted by the defendant- is that a 21 day response because I saw 21 to amend a complaint and only 14 to for a responsive pleading of definite statement-14 days-yikes

Any additional info to include in complaint response given it was the 14 day and I'm at 21 days? I'm confused when I clearly seeing the ground work for Rule 15(a) and Rule 12(b) (e) or (f)

Hello again, Thomas.

Yes, an amended complaint may only amend one statement or paragraph, it need not contain a significant revision.

The time to respond to an amended complaint is 14 days under Rule 15, so there is less time than for the original answer.

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

New Thread Are you on line?

Hello again, Thomas.

Yes, I am on-line but I released the question so other attorneys could answer it as I think others may have what you are requesting.