Tina, Attorney
Experience:  Personal Injury & Wrongful Death experience includes judgment for $10M & $3M settlement

Could you tell me the response time on a motion to dismiss? Does

Could you tell me the response time on a motion to dismiss?

Does the timing start when the defendant's answer is entered in the docket or when the Judge enters the agreement with the defendant's position?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello again and thank you for requesting me.

The timing to respond to a motion to dismiss typically begins when the responding party is served with the motion. The day they are served does not normally count in calculating their response time though.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Tina, Attorney
Experience: Personal Injury & Wrongful Death experience includes judgment for $10M & $3M settlement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I also read that a amended complaint could have only 1 item changed in the amendment.

Given that the amended complaint was granted by the defendant- is that a 21 day response because I saw 21 to amend a complaint and only 14 to for a responsive pleading of definite statement-14 days-yikes

Any additional info to include in complaint response given it was the 14 day and I'm at 21 days? I'm confused when I clearly seeing the ground work for Rule 15(a) and Rule 12(b) (e) or (f)

Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Thomas.

Yes, an amended complaint may only amend one statement or paragraph, it need not contain a significant revision.

The time to respond to an amended complaint is 14 days under Rule 15, so there is less time than for the original answer.
Tina, Attorney
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

New Thread Are you on line?

Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Thomas.

Yes, I am on-line but I released the question so other attorneys could answer it as I think others may have what you are requesting.