stevewlaw
stevewlaw, Attorney
Experience:  25+ years and millions of dollars in settlements in catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, and commercial matters.

My is very long & involved; Ill try to be as short as possible.

My is very long & involved; I’ll try to be as short as possible. I had 3 rear end accidents in 2 yr. after a 30 year good driving record. I was hospitalized for the 3rd one on 4/19/13. They kept doing brain scans; I told them I have blackout (mostly at night, so I didn’t drive then), short term memory loss, asking/telling people things I thought was the first time, but I’ve sold them several times before, my organization and prioritization skills are gone have other I can’t remember, but they are all documented.

I’m still mourning the loss of my husband in 2006. A week after he died, I had my second spinal fusion and never recovered. I was going to return to work; I worked at MicCon/DTE for 28 years and have been OK financially, but was put on LTD.

My first surgery was on 7/7/11. The surgeon said a portion of carotid artery was missing & when they repaired it, all my neurological problems would be reversed. I was in the hospital each month from July to Novemer from 2 to 9 days, almost died from a staph infection (after the large, draining hole on my neck exploded when I changed the dressing, office thought I was being a pain, saying he was booked & gave me a hard time. I demanded to see someone immediately. They told me to go to emergency & he was there. I finally got a ride to the hosp. & thought they’d clean it out. I was the hosp. 9 days before my white blood count was low enough to go home with a central line (he missed getting it in the right spot the first time). One day I was changing my dressing as instructed as the wound care nurse that came to see me & it didn’t look right (on 11/28/11) & told his office I needed to seeing him immediately. I got appt. the next day. He looked at & told me it was just a stitch & it should heal after it was out. He started to look at it, stop & stepped back. He told me it was the graft coming out of my neck. After that finally healed, I started seeing another surgeon who was part of the team but didn’t report to the operating surgeon & recently joined my neurologist’s office. He sent for a few tests, one was a cerebral angiogram. He suggested I contact the University of Michigan and request to see one of their top vascular surgeons. I got his report; he stated that my symptoms were coming from the back of my brain & had nothing to do with the carotid artery & basically the surgery was unnecessary. Usually one of the surgeon’s team changed my dressing, but when any nurse did, they asked to did this to me. They knew he was a hack but didn’t want to lose their job.

My symptoms have gotten worse, & when I was in the hosp. with my staph infection, I went temporally blind twice in my right eye & a few times at home. An eye Doctor examined me & said a piece of infection got into one of the veins (not sure what they’re called) & he said if it would have gotten into the main one, would have been permanently blind in that eye. I wake up every morning & my jaw & neck feels like cement,, my right clavical bone on the right sticks out more the left, I have a nasty scar & a large lump to scar tissue that is painful & it’s in the spot that if someone puts their arm on me, that’s right where their fingers would rest. I saw my cardiologist after everything was healed & he said my heart could cause most of those symptoms, and I believe the surgeon operated in haste and further tests should have been done.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  stevewlaw replied 1 year ago.

stevewlaw :

Hi [USERNAME], my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do the best to help you. My advice is general only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Wow. That is a lot of information. I am so sorry to hear all that you have been going through over the last 7 years. It is tragic. I am also to hear that your first lawyer wasted your time by basically doing nothing. What I would suggest is that you have your case reviewed immediately by a competent personal injury attorney in your area. Someone who has good medical contacts who can help go through your medical records as well. While you may have a case, it is difficult to completely sort out until all the facts (medical records, etc.) have been thoroughly reviewed.

stevewlaw :

Unfortunately we are not permitted to give you a direct referral. However, I can point you to the Michigan Bar Association's referral service. If you explain what you need, they should be able to point you to a local attorney who can help you. I suggest you call them ASAP. The referral service is located at http://www.michbar.org/programs/lawyerreferral.cfm.

stevewlaw :

I wish you the best and please keep me informed as to how things are going with you. Bless you and thank you for your positive rating.

stevewlaw, Attorney
Experience: 25+ years and millions of dollars in settlements in catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, and commercial matters.