TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead Personal Injury Trial Lawyer

I had a injury whereas the company, the largest oil company

I had a injury whereas the company, the largest oil company just outside Bakersfield, California was responsible. I live in Mississippi.
The statute of limitations for a law suite in MS is 3 years.
I was injured November 11, 2010 in California. Question: Do I still have time to pursue a law suit for personal injury in California>
Where did the injury take place?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Occidental of Elk Hills, just outside Bakersfield, CA.

Thanks for responding.

If the injury occurred in California caused by a California, you will have to file the lawsuit in California.

Even if you filed the lawsuit in Missouri, the California statute of limitations for personal injury would probably still apply, as the injury occurred in California.

What caused you to delay filing the lawsuit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Something is wrong with my computer. I just answered all your questions and went to spell checker and it erased it all!

Actually, I have already answered all your questions, if you will read my questions carefully.

I live in Mississipi, not Missouri.

Cancer caused the delay! Drugs from cancer, stupidity, etc.

My accident happened a 3:30 AM - November 11, 2010. Will be 3 years old this coming November.

Do I still have time to retain an attorney in California an file a lawsuit?

They admitted it was their fault. Of course I'm sure they probabally won't now!

I'm sorry for glossing over that part of the details. I just had to clarify that there was not another set of circumstances which would bring up an exception.

Unfortunately, your illness will not act as an exception to the statute of limitations. California's statute of limitations on a personal injury is two years from the date of the injury. Accordingly, this will mean that the claim is barred.

Because this is an extreme result, I think you should contact a local Missouri personal injury attorney to see if there is a possibility that the claim could be filed in federal court and apply the Missouri statute of limitations. These sort of consultations are free of charge generally. A second opinion on this wouldn't hurt.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wrote another long, long, letter to describe our
corrospondance, and your rating.

I hit spell check, and once again all was lost!

I am frustrated!

Let me chill and will get back to you.

No rush. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help...also I don't judge on misspellings! So maybe skip that step next time.

I'm signing off for the evening and will look for your response, if any, tomorrow.

Best Regards