AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in the Personal Injury field.
10805288

Do you have any cases of pro se representation cases where

Do you have any cases of pro se representation cases where the person won?

Guess inspiration is always great!!

Also how do you get the goods or information on the Judges in your area- and take a barometer on how they typically make their decisions.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing personal injury law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Do you have any cases of pro se representation cases where the person won? Well, no - and that is because the party didn't use a us (or anyone else) as a lawyer. Thus, we would not have his case. However, you can look up case law where a person HAPPENS to have acted pro se. With a subscription to Westlaw or Lexis, or similar, online, you could query cases by test, to send you cases where the caption includes the words "pro se". This is because typically, a caption will say, "John Doe, Plaintiff Pro Se" or in the case narrative, an appellate just will typically make a comment that hte plaintiff was without an attorney. (Those with an attorney, the attorney's name is XXXXX XXXXX the narrative.) So that would be your first way of getting at some case law where the individual is pro se. And you can do it right online.

Guess inspiration is always great!! I understand.

Also how do you get the goods or information on the Judges in your area- and take a barometer on how they typically make their decisions.Again, you either talk to people in the know, such as a lawyer that deals with a particular judge all the time (or the court in question, at least), or, better, you can use your Westlaw Subscription to search for any appellate cases that resulted after this particular trial judge's decision. With the later course, however, you will only find cases IF the Judge's decision was appealed AND if the appellate court decided it should be published and precedential. Not all appealed cases become 'case law', is what I mean. Also, it may NOT mention the judge's name, so be sure to search for all appellate cases resulting from that court in particular - then go to the court and see if you can get the info on which of those case were of Judge XXXX. Once you find cases, involving something LIKE your case, you read them and see how he ruled.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions.

Sincerely,

Alexia Esq.

AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19+ Years of Legal Practice in the Personal Injury field.