Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I was discriminated against badly at my workplace because I

I was discriminated against badly at my workplace because I challenged management about very dangerous and life-threatening situations. They terminated me with many lies, three times. Twice I was reinstated with full back pay through Union Grievance Arbitrations, the third time the judge chose to believe the perjured testimony and upheld the termination. However, now two of the people who perjured themselves have admitted that they did so through coercion by management.

I am suing the corporation in New York Supreme Court for discrimination and retaliation for whistleblowing. But I also wish to sue, separately, some of the individuals who perjured themselves so badly against me. I have suffered both financially, physically and emotionally quite a lot.

Can you suggest what might be the best claims to use in an action against these employees?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

INFOLAWYER :

You may consider several claims

INFOLAWYER :

you may consider a claim for defamation

INFOLAWYER :

tortious interference with employment and contract

INFOLAWYER :

You may also consider naming them personally in the master discrimination cases

INFOLAWYER :

You may speak to the prosecutor office about pursuing a case as well

INFOLAWYER :

for perjury

INFOLAWYER :

You may further consider pursuing them for contempt of court

INFOLAWYER :

Is that clear and acceptable?

Customer:

How would this be contempt of court?

INFOLAWYER :

If they violated an oath and a court order

INFOLAWYER :

to tell the truth

INFOLAWYER :

they would be in contempt of that oath and of the court order to appear and testify

INFOLAWYER :

Is that clear?

INFOLAWYER :

If I can clarify anything, please ask me

Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

I trust the answer is clear, fast and acceptable.
Please click on an "Excellent" rating for the answer. Thanks.
Leaving a bonus is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand that in NY State, there is a statute of limitations for defamation of 1 year. Some of these offenses happened about 18 months ago. Is there anything that can be done about this? You mentioned other possible claims, such as tortious interference with employment and contract. This would certainly apply in this case.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
A tort claim has a 3 year statute of limitations. While defamation has a one year time period you may argue that it is a continuous tort that continued into the last year, if that is the case. I trust that helps. Kindly click on a positive excellent rating for the answer.
Infolawyer, Attorney