Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
60109343

Is there a way to work directly with Allstate to get a medical

Is there a way to work directly with Allstate to get a medical settlement without the representation of a lawyer
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again and thank you very much fro your followup question.

Yes, it is entirely possible to deal with the insurance company directly, but I can virtually guarantee that without an attorney they will not respect your claim and will offer you as little as they possibly can. They will also do things like demand that you sign a general release of your medical records and try to get you to settle your claim prematurely, neither of which you are legally obligated to do. In short, they will try to push you around.

On all but the smallest injury claims, it is generally advisable to hire an attorney. Simply by having an attorney the insurance company will be inclined to deal with you more fairly. An attorney will also be able to negotiate your related medical expenses, will recognize and articulate legal arguments that bolster your claim, and will generally get you more money, even after their contingency fee is subtracted.

If your claim is truly "small," you can bring an action in small claims court on your own, but you will be limited to recovering $7,500. This is another option you may wish to consider and something I'd be happy to provide you with more information on if you wanted to go down that path.

In short, it's certainly possible to deal with the insurance company directly, but personal injury claims are rather complicated and insurance adjusters tend not to respect claimants seeking compensation on their own. If your claim is low value and you are unable to reach a fair settlement, you can file a legal action in small claims court as a fallback, but you will be limited to recovering $7,500.

As always, please feel free to let me know if you have any further concerns. If I have answered your question, I would be very grateful for a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Kindest regards XXXXX XXXXX wishes pursuing your claim.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience: Attorney with significant personal injury experience