Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in personal injury law.
17897874

GOOD MORNING, I SETTLE A CAR ACCIDENT CASE AND THE JUDGE TOLD

Customer Question

GOOD MORNING, I SETTLE A CAR ACCIDENT CASE AND THE JUDGE TOLD ME THAT I WILL GET THE CHECK IN 30 DAYS, ITS NOW PAST AND WHO CAN I CALL , THANKS DOUG
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Tina replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Did your attorney say anything about what is holding up payment or why he will not tell you what is happening?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I call my lawyer today and he said he call the insur. company and they forget to sent him the check !! iam not happy with my lawyer on this case , so who can i call or do about this problem and who can i call about my lawyer , thanks doug

Expert:  Tina replied 3 years ago.

Hello again, Doug.

I would call your attorney again and see when it should be received. It is not uncommon for payment to take more than 30 days so I'm not sure why the judge stated otherwise, but a motion could be filed with the court seeking to hold the defendant in contempt of court and even jailed until they comply with the court's order.

You can file a complaint against your attorney with the state's attorney grievance/disciplinary committee. Here is a link that provides information on how to file a complaint:

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/ip/attorneygrievance/complaints.shtml

Doing so may motivate your attorney to act more diligently if he has previously dropped the ball on your case.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

I notice that you rated the prior expert poorly.

What is your question, precisely, and what would you like to accomplish? I do not wish to waste your time and I want to make sure that I provide you the service you expect.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw