Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in personal injury law.
17897874

I had to go on long term disability, due to drinking and severe

Customer Question

I had to go on long term disability, due to drinking and severe sepsis.......sepsisis was left untreated for 9 months, took much heart capcity, liver and kidney.

I have had to to defualt on most of my loans, im 60 days late now.

DO i have any recourse for this
?

I had to spend 50k+ on med bills, it was that or die......
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Before we begin, a bit more detail would be helpful please.

Why was the sepsis left untreated?

Have you looked into bankruptcy protection?

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kiaser, my HMO didint bother checking.......I have not considered, i hear it does nothing for consumer debit.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. i realize ho frustrating this is for you.

In order to make a case against a medical provider you would need to show negligence on their part in failing to check or misdiagnosing your condition. That would require review of your record sand the testimony of medical experts.

Ou may want to examine bankruptcy. Despite what you have heard, it can discharge consumer debt among other debt, as well.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How hudge of a hit would bank rupcy be in my case, rather than waiting on a charge off?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the follow up.

Both the charge off and the bankruptcy will have a negative effect on your credit, but the bankruptcy will have the benefit of discharging the debts upon the successful completion of the bankruptcy case.

Additionally, because a second bankruptcy is not possible for seven years, it is often easier to establish new credit.

I hope this clarifies things.

JudgeLaw
Loren, Attorney
Experience: 30 years experience in personal injury law.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Hello

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going.
Did I answer your question?

JudgeLaw
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):  http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-JudgeLaw/

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.