Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide basic personal injury advice to my clients in my own practice.

Hit car in my driveway. I have a pool guy that comes to my

Hit car in my driveway.
I have a pool guy that comes to my home to service my pool every week. He never park in my driveway but rather in the streets. He also simply enter through the back yard without ever letting me know that he is here. He just leaves behind an invoice to let me know that he was here. That is the usually way that it goes. So today, the company sent a different guy to service the pool. I saw him in the back yard right before I went into my garage from inside of my house to leave. As the garage door started opening, I started to back out of my garage and hit the pool guys car. First, I never expected his car to be in my driveway to begin with since I never authorized him to park there and the previous guy has never parked there. Second, The garage door does not have a window so I could not see if there was a car parked right outside of it. So, who is at fault for this? Him or me
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies but you struck a parked vehicle. That makes it your liability. The fact you couldn't see him when you backed out is irrelevant since as a responsible operator it was still your responsibility to look back and see if the roadway was clear. Furthermore, this wasn't trespassing as he was permitted to be on the premises, and unless you expressly informed him not to part in the driveway, such parking is likewise permitted. My apologies but you or your insurance would be responsible for covering the costs of the damage.

Good luck.