Tower Grove Lawyer
Tower Grove Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced attorney in personal injury issues

Hello, During a Trial discovery in the process of sending

During a Trial discovery in the process of sending Interrogatories. When the Plaintiff forwards the Response to Interrogatories to the Defendants Attorney, does a copy of this response get filed with the court?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Tower Grove Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to answer your question. Please note that this does not constitute legal advice as I do not know all the specific facts of your situation. We have not created an attorney-client relationship simply through this communication. Also, please be aware that none of these communications are confidential and are located on a public web site.

Can you let me know what court you are in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Suffolk Superior Court
Thank you for the additional information, that makes a huge difference.

This is governed by Rule 5(d)(2) of the Massachusetts Rules of Civil Procedure. Interrogatory answers pursuant to Rule 33 are not to be filed with the court. In fact, the rule requires that the court refuse to accept Interrogatory answers that a party attempts to file to the court.

A party is allowed, however, to file a Certificate of Service with the court showing the date on which the answers were sent to the opposing party.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne, Interrogatory answers are not filed with the court.

Please let me know if I can clarify any of my remarks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you answering my question?

The answer should be posted above -- please let me know if you cannot see it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thanks a lot, I will rate excellent, but why does it make a huge difference? in what court would it be handled differently?

PS I really appreciate the feedback!

What I really needed to know was whether you were in federal or state court. Federal courts require discovery responses to be filed with the court in certain circumstances.
Tower Grove Lawyer, Attorney
Experience: Experienced attorney in personal injury issues