TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead Personal Injury Trial Lawyer
17219180

Hi there; I have a friend that is in a federal lawsuit in

Hi there;
I have a friend that is in a federal lawsuit in Ohio(Southern district). He is sending in an amended complaint. It involves 20 defendants and has 16 counts, so it's rather large at 75 pages. He would like to know if this is considered obscenely out of order? He has never run into a problem in a year of electronically filing motions or yet been warned about an overly lengthy submission but 75 pages and 25 pages of exhibits has him worried. The reason, however, that he has written this out like that is that in the previous complaint, a motion to dismiss was granted for one defendant, who argued he had not pled with enough specificity. That was a 30 paged complaint. Thus he didn't want to take any chances. Thank you

Thank you for your question.

While the case is in the district court, there is generally no page limitation on the Complaint that he should worry about. Furthermore, a 75 page complaint is not unheard of when there are that many Defendants and counts.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much!