Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I am the plaintiff in a civil case, the defendants attorney

I am the plaintiff in a civil case, the defendants attorney deposed me. After the deposition he informed me that I would recieve a copy of it to go over for any errors and etccc

I emailed him and asked for a copy of the deposition and he now informs me that he did not order it and that he is not obligated to supply me a copy. Is this true or false. If false please provide the civil statute for Ohio.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Personal Injury litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

No, the defendant's attorney isn't required to provide you with a copy of the deposition. If you want a copy, you can request one from the court reporter that took down the deposition.

What the attorney was referring to is a "read and sign" of the deposition before the court reporter issues the final version of the deposition. This gives you the ability to make any necessary corrections. However, if you didn't tell the court reporter on the record that you wanted to read and sign, then that is waived.

There's no statute that says the attorney doesn't have to provide a copy. It's just incumbent upon each party to gather their own documents.