Personal Injury Law
Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer. Get an Answer ASAP
Unfortunately, the websites terms of service and our respective state bars have very strict rules concerning giving out exact referrals to individual attorneys. However, I can give you great resources to find attorneys in your area, and am happy to answer any questions that you may have.
If you decide to hire an attorney, a great resource is Martindale.com. This is a nationwide directory that is useful in finding highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. The lawyers in Martindale are not selected because they paid to be included, but rather because they have been rated by other attorneys as qualified experts in their field. Consider consulting with two or three different attorneys prior to selecting the one you feel most comfortable with. Other great sites are www.lexmundi.com, www.justia.com, and www.lawyers.com.
If, however, you are simply looking for information or an answer to a legal question, please do not hesitate to ask any questions that you may have and I will be happy to answer them for you.
If the original question was your desire to find a claim against the dentist, if you did have a claim, you would have a claim for medical malpractice. To prove this you would need to prove that 1) the dentist acted below the standard of care, and 2) you were damaged.
If the dentist failed to warn you about something, you would have to prove that you would not have gone through with the procedure if the dentist had actually warned you. If, however, the dentist caused damage then you would need a medical expert to look at your records to determine if what they did was below the standard of care.
I am an attorney and have dealt with personal injury cases all over the United States with the majority of cases in New York, California, and Florida. If you would like to ask a specific question, please feel free to do so and I am happy to give you an answer. If at any point you do not believe my answers to be helpful to you please ask me to opt out and I will be happy to do so.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer,
I feel the need to speak with you about a number of realities about your issue and JA.
1. We are not allowed to recommend any particular attorney in any area on this site. If we do, it will have consequences on our ability to continue as a JA expert.
2. As the site says, even if you were working with a particular JA expert here, we do not have an attorney-client relationship so there is no confidentiality. Everyone can read these exchanges. That is a necessary rule. Why? Because when I represent a client, I have to discuss with him the good and the bad parts of his case. The privilege makes sure that all of our conversations remain between him and me
3. I am a NYC personal injury attorney. I do not have experience in the area of your inquiry. But let's assume I did. I WOULD STILL NOT BE ABLE TO ADVISE YOU AS IF I WERE YOUR ATTORNEY LET ALONE REPRESENT YOU ON YOUR CASE! The same JA rules would apply to a JA NYC personal injury attorney with the expertise you are looking for. Please understand that.
4. I would refer you to the disclaimer on the site above, and I would add what I say at the end of all my answers:
"But remember this is not legal advice. You have to consult with an attorney in your state and discuss this matter with him or her. To find an attorney, go online to Martindale.com. This is a nationwide directory we lawyers use ourselves to find highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. These lawyers are NOT in Martindale because they paid to be included. They are there because they are rated as QUALIFIED by other lawyers in their field of expertise and geographic area as it applies to your kind of case. The process is this: other lawyers are asked to fill out questionnaires giving their opinion of the quality of the work of the law firm that ultimately appears in Martindale.The site is organized geographically and by legal specialty. Consult with two or three and select the one you are most comfortable with. The Martindale listing will have the names of current or past clients. Contact those clients as references for the firm."
5. Personal injury cases are handled on a contingency basis. ....1/3 of the recovery.Consultations are almost always free so the attorney can make a decision as to why he or she wants to take the case AND whether you want that attorney to represent you. So I refer you to my personal disclaimer above. Then you can get all the technical and legal advice; it will cost you nothing and you will be protected by the attorney-client privilege.
6. Many of the major medical/dental malpractice firms have IN HOUSE doctors or nurses to review cases. These health professionals review medical records, claims, etc. with a medico-legal eye. Therefore, you would get a preliminary legal and medical opinion on the first visit.
7. To wrap this up. You said you were "......really requesting to speak w/someone in New York that knows the in's & outs regarding toxic mold /medical responsibilities"
NO ONE ON THIS SITE WOULD BE PERMITTED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BECAUSE THE ANSWER, NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF SPIN WE PUT ON IT....WOULD BE LEGAL ADVICE.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).