AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
18048122

what if a doctor writes you a medication and have you sign

what if a doctor writes you a medication and have you sign a paper; and when you come back to speak on the side effects (that was on the paper you sign) and she claims that (s)he never had me sign.In fact (s)he types another paper (that (s)he claim that i sign) and tries to show me that i signed. But in fact i have the paper that i originally signed.
Im asking because she has done this before when i took a certain medication and it gave me gynecomastia and she never told me that that was a side effect.. is there anything i can do to challenge her so she can help me pay for chest surgery???
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer. I am Thoreau and I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you asked your question.
I'm very sorry to hear about the situation and I hope that you're able to resolve the side effect. I know that gynecomastia can be a very uncomfortable condition. It sounds as though the doctor was trying to cover her tracks because she failed to adequately inform you as to the possible side effects. A doctor has a duty to inform patients about possible side effects so that the patient can provide "informed consent" to a procedure. In other words, a doctor must make sure a patient knows what he's getting into. The doctor's failure to do that can provide a basis to sue for malpractice. You should preserve your copy of the document and present it to your attorney, as it can serve as valuable evidence. Further, if the doctor forged your signature to another document, that can be detected through handwriting analysis to refute her assertion. That forgery can also provide a basis for criminal prosecution.