Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years professional experience

Here is my sceanario, i was pregnant last year and when i went

Here is my sceanario, i was pregnant last year and when i went in to have my baby, after the delivery of my daughter my best friend watched the dr. I had one of those mirrors infront of me so we could see everything that was being done, the doctor started sowing me back up before he delivered the placenta, then realized that he did it and had to cut me back open so he could do it. Then before my 6 week post partem, he put an IUD, birthcontrol, in me, with out me being on my period, which i have talked to several people at Doctors offices and people that have them and they said that your period is when you are supposed to put them in. I was in pain for the next 5-7 days and i should have only been in pain for the first few days after having it inserted, per the Dr. I went back in and they checked me, did an ultrasound, and couldnt fine the IUD. another dr at the practice said that i needed to go have a CT of my abdimon done. I went and had the CT scan done and they found the IUD in my abdimon. The IUD had poked a hole in my uterus and gotten stuck in my abdimun. I had to go and have lapriscopic sugery to have it removed. I did not let the Dr. that inserted it do the surgery, i had another dr at the office, that i had seen before, do the surgery. I got a bill in the mail saying i owed money to the Surgery center that i had the surgery at, so i called my old dr office and told them that i would not pay this bill b/c their dr is the reason that i had to have the surgery, they said ok. I hadnt heard anything about this since then. I have had nothing but female problems since this happened. I started seeing a new Dr. and now i am supposed to be going to have surgery again to hopefully fix the problems that i have been having but i got a call on a friday, and my surgery is supposed to be the next wednesday, stating that the bill from the last surgery is in collections, and that i would not be allowed to come and have this surgery done until the other bill is taken care of. Would all the things that have happened to me and the things that are still happening be considered medical malpractice and give me a reason to sue them form medical malpractice?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

Yes, it sounds like you have a case worth further investigation. The best way to handle this would be for you to contact a local medical malpractice lawyer and set up an appointment for a free consult. Before you go, make sure you have at least 5 years of your medical history in hand including all the medical reports from the recent surgeries. Try to find a med mal lawyer that has been practicing at least 7 years and specializes in that field.

Tell them what you have stated above. They will then review your medical reports and determine if they want to take your case on a contingency fee basis where they will charge 33% to 45% of what they collect for you as their fees.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".