Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

I have a soft tissue settlement. The medical bills are about

Customer Question

I have a soft tissue settlement. The medical bills are about 16,500. I am still paying out of pocket for medical bills. I want 25k bu they are offering only about 7.5k. Is my number realistic?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

How much of the medical bills are from chiropractors, if any?

Did you have any pre-existing conditions that were affected by the accident?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No pre-existing conditions in the past 5 years. Back stuff about 8 years ago. Chirpractic has been extensive. about 3-5k. Lots of visits. Also went to a physchologist because I was having issues concenring the accident.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Did the lawyer send you to the XRO or did a medical doctor refer you there?

How long after the accident did you first contact a lawyer?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The doctor referred me there. I contacted the lawyer after all medical bills were in about a year after the accident.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Under the circumstances, I would say that they should at least cover all your meds and xro bills and give you some amount for pain and suffering and lost wages. You may want to ask them what there reason is for offering such a low amount.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.attorneysaccess.com/ or http://www.martindale.com/.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".