Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Attorney
Experience:  Torts law interest and have worked with personal injury matters

I have a case in federal district court and I supplied the

I have a case in federal district court and I supplied the courts with some evidence in my case and all motion were answer how long will it be before I hear from the courts about the status of my case.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 7 years ago.

A person can contact the clerk of the court and ask them about any case they would like to learn more information about. They can tell the status and indicate whether any decisions have been made or any actions taken on a case. They often can look that information up with either the case number XXXXX the names of the parties.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if a couple of motions by the defendants were not answered and a lot of information supporting my case was introducted. Will the courts send something in writing to let you know status from the courts

In theory (and normally) decisions on motions should be sent to all parties, however, that is not infallible and it is possible that parties may not always obtain notice for any number of reasons. Further, under the rules of procedure it is also possible that the time for a reply to a motion or for a decision on a motion may pass without a court taking any action and a party may then be able to provide a response or otherwise ask the court to do something because an opposing party failed to timely respond. Unless a person calls the court to find out what the status is, however, they may never know something has occured.