Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My grandson is austic but high functioning. They have let

Customer Question

My grandson is austic but high functioning. They have let him start watching Harry Potter. He has a Christian background but is making the magic wands. He threw a boomerang and a knife (both made of paper) at his grandfather's neck the other day and said he was going to go make a real gun. I was horrified. What do you think about his being allowed to watch and follow magic since God says do not practice magic. And his mind is not stable enough to walk this thin line?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: did you read my statement? this is my grandson and I was a Para ...Special Education...I saw sysmptoms of autism when he was a small baby with the tiptoe and fixing onto one toy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: look, you not reading what I am saying, I am taling about my grandson and his autism...
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Pediatrics
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My grandson is 11 years old. Has always played with items like the weapons from Star Wars, makes remarks about killing people (killing you, a personal remark to his sisters). He trapped a kitten between two air mattresses using a sheet and pillows at both ends and would not let it out. It was scared to pieces when I entered the room and discovered what was going on and made him let the kitten out.But my daughter and husband said I made too much of it and he was only lightly disciplined for his actions. This happened two yrs. ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He has a lot of stomach problems and had a bad reaction to a medication he was taking...he told his mom that a voice told him he was not worth living and he had tried to choke himself with his hands.My daughter talked to him about not listening to dark voices and called the doctor to slowly take him off the medication.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This last incident happened just three weeks ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He makes the boomerangs and the knives by watching videos ..the boomerang he made was a four sided one, and reminded me of the stainless steel metal disk with razor blades used in stories I have read to take off heads of enemies...I don't know how much information he is getting into on line but he is talented in making these items very well and without help.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
On the other hand, he can be very sweet and loving. I have become handicapped and he waits on me and is so kind and loving with me. And then can turn around two minutes later and make a remark to his sisters about hurting one of them! He goes from Hi to Low quickly...calm to angry
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 12 days ago.

Hi, Sorry about this situation. One can not impose ban on creative writing etc and hence such misleading literature will always be around. You can not protect vulnerable minds.

Good luck.