Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My baby is 13 days old and he us a preterm baby born at 35

Customer Question

My baby is 13 days old and he us a preterm baby born at 35 weeks 3days . When I feed him I can hear his tummy gurgling and when he is trying to us the bathroom he is straining very hard.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. Congratulations on your new baby. The gurgling you hear coming from his stomach while feeding is normal. Are you breastfeeding or is the baby on formula? Formula that contains iron can be constipating. Discuss changing the formula to one that doesn't contain iron with your Pediatrician. Again, congratulations and enjoy your baby.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

How is your baby doing?