Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

My son was born with both testicles undescended His

Customer Question

my son was born with both testicles undescended His pediatrician said he could not
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: the pediatrician said he could not feel or find his testicles told us at his 2 month visit to get his vaccinations the pediatrician still could not feel or find either testicle I asked if he could be born with no testicles. He said probably not That they would fall down by themselves or at one year they would do an operation to get them down. Lets wait until his 4 month visit to feel for them again A friend of mine said he should have done a blood hormone test on my baby Please advise Should I bring him to a urologist?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: his health has been perfect He nurses well and often He was born at 7 pounds 9 0z and weighs 13 pounds now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: 2 of his cousins were born w one undescended testicle and at one year old they both had an operation to bring it down
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear that you son's testicles have not descended. There is no reason at this time to do any blood tests to determine his hormone levels. First because they will be low and not relevant at this stage in his life. He sounds healthy otherwise. When he is one, if the testes have not descended, then a relatively simple operative procedure can be done to bring them into his scrotum and he will be perfectly normal after that. I know you are concerned about his future manhood, but that will not be a problem going forward.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Dr. Stan,
how will my baby be if worst case scenario he was born without both testicles? I try not to get info off the internet, but I am so worried and scared for him. Should I bring him to a urologist before his 4 month appointment? Thank you
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 days ago.

I'm sorry for my late response, but a computer glitch prevented mr from responding until now. Your baby was not born without testicles, they haven't descended yet. If you son has a penis, he has testicles. To assure you, you can take him to a Urologist or back to his Pediatrician and request an Ultrasound of his pelvis to define the presence of testes.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 days ago.

I know your baby is good, how are you?