Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My daughter has smiled raised circles on the palm of her

Customer Question

my daughter has smiled raised circles on the palm of her hand and she says also tiny black specks, I can see the cirlses from the pic
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: she is at school she says that it is itchy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: she plays soccer
Category: Pediatrics
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
small raised circles
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

How old is your daughter?

Can you upload some pictures?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
16, they are on my phone
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need dermatologist, why is there an optomologist calling me? retina eye specialist????

If you email them from your phone to your computer you can then upload them here.

Does your daughter have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am trying to attach
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want a call from a Dermatologist I have said that twice they're recommending I speak to an ophthalmologist why and why can't I attach the files

OK.

I only had a half day in clinic this afternoon so I'm just sitting here catching up on patient charts -- no hurry :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
now it says you are a pediatrician, are you an optomologist or dermatologist or pediatrician?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have tried to attach pics to no avail through your add files

I am a retina surgeon....and a father of 5

you can probably contact customer service and figure out a way to get the pictures to me....or I can opt out and you can wait for our dermatologists.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you tell me as a father what I should do, I am in a rural area and I want to get to the bottom of this
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an appt with pediatrician tomorrow but this is scary

Derm issues really are a visual type of problem....without pictures (and sometimes even with them) they are very difficult to diagnose.

As a doctor and father, who also lives in the country with the nearest "town" (35K folks) over an hour away, I would put 1% hydrocortisone cream on the lesions, give her 25 to 50 mg of benadryl for the itching and not worry too much at this moment given the limited symptoms she is having at school.

And, then, see what the pediatrician has to say tomorrow.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will do so, thank you

My pleasure.

Have a good day.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
where is the survey?

Not sure....they don't let us worker bee's know about the important stuff ;)

But the excellent feedback button should be right there on your screen....