Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My newborn son has upward slant in the eyes and a little

Customer Question

Hi doctor,
My newborn son has upward slant in the eyes and a little flat nose bridge.
His nuchal translucency was 1 mm in the 11 week scan and our gyne didn't enforce a dual marker test as she was satisfied with the by nuchal scan.
My son also has a little gap between first and second toe but which is something I have too, I guess
Can he be having Down's syndrome?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I will be happy to help you today. I'm sorry you need to question whether or not your son has Down's syndrome. A single sign of nuchal translucency without any other US signs such as femur shortening should not make one suspicious of trisomy 21.

Can you send a picture of your baby? This would help to make a determination. Also, blood tests will confirm or negate your concerns.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.

Have you sent a picture?