Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp

I have a 11 year old stepson ive raised since the age of one

Customer Question

I have a 11 year old stepson ive raised since the age of one his father is no longer in the picture but he lives with me and his younger brother he has visits occasionally with bio mom he also has Adhd but my question is my son has always been extremely attached to me he never wanted me to leave him anywhere even if i was doing something like grocery shopping he preffered to go and now at almost 11 and with my other son its becoming difficult to do anything he pouts sulks talks back and is rude if i need to do something that he can not do with me and he makes it miserable for his grandparents or who ever watches him i cant even make a phone call without him trying to talk to me or get his attention he needs to be hugged and told hes loved constantly all day everyday and i though over time this would get better
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: this is not for me its my son yes he takes dextromax salts for his ADhd
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Does mom see this as a problem?