How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Su S. Your Own Question
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Category: Pediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 20752
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
Type Your Pediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Su S. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons forskin is swolen and sore, No injuries just woke up

Customer Question

My sons forskin is swolen and sore
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No injuries just woke up today swolen after having rash on penis
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He may of had a urinary tract infection and he wears nappies he is dissabled
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S.
I will try my best to help you.

Can you send picture?

How old is he?

Is there any swelling in other area?

Does he have any other symptom?

Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 7 months ago.


I just noticed that you have gone offline.

I am writing the answer.

If you have any question after reading this answer, please feel free for follow up query.

Please reply to the queries.

Swelling and soreness of penis can be from inflammation or infection of the skin of the penis.

It can be due to a bacterial or fungal infection.

Allergy to soap, lotion can cause it.

You can wash the area with plain water.

Neosporin cream can be used after cleaning the area.

E45 cream can be used for soothing effect.

In mild cases, it would subside with those measures.

If you do not notice any improvement or symptoms get worse, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.

He may need urine, swab tests and prescription medicine.

I hope this information will be helpful.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.

Wish his healthy life.