How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Salama Your Own Question
Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Category: Pediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 715
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
Type Your Pediatrics Question Here...
Michael Salama is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My child is a four year old who is having trouble in his

Customer Question

My child is a four year old who is having trouble in his daycare. Two schools say that he does not join in with other students and does what he wants to do not following their directions i.e. reading time, he will want to continue what he has been playing with. He has been speech delayed and it working with a speech therapist. He is speaking quite well. The daycare says that they are trying to prepare him for kindergarten and he may work out better at a Montessori school. What should I do?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 9 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

Your child needs to be formally evaluated by a developmental specialist.

They will administer special tests to determine if he does in fact have a developmental disorder, learning disability, autism etc.

Your doctor should be able to refer you to the specialist that can provide this evaluation for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Expert:  Michael Salama replied 9 months ago.

Checking in. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Related Pediatrics Questions