Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.

My 10 year old son is 4 ft 10 has a men's size 9 foot but no

Customer Question

My 10 year old son is 4 ft 10 has a men's size 9 foot but no signs of puberty. His penis is extremely small. He was adopted at 4 and endured horiffic abuse. How do I discuss with Ped without making my son feel inadequate. He is a great student, popular, and emotionally healthy. His bio dad has fathered 13 children by 5 women. I have a 12 year old (also adopted) but he has pubic hair and a much larger penis.
JA: This is your chance to ask all the questions you might not want to ask with your child with you. Our Expert is good with medical issues for all ages of child right up to the giant adolescent child. Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Hi Pearl: I am so embarrased to ask this question but I am worried my son's penis is far to small. He is a large child 4 ft 10 in and 120 lbs. He was horrifically neglected and sexulaly abused prior to adoption. He is now 10, 3 years developmentally delay in gross and fine motor skills. other wise, he is social, bright, good student and no behavior issues. He is oblivious to the issue. How concerned should I be?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pediatrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.

Usual age of puberty in boys is 9-11 years.

But in some cases it may be delayed too.

Puberty starts with the increase in size of testicles, then increase penis size, growth of pubic hair, armpit hair, then voice change and increase muscle mass. Last stage is facial hair growth.

It may vary from individual to individual.

Changes may take a year more to appear for him.

I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish him healthy life.